At Hydromedial we are passionate about the preservation of Australia’s architectural heritage. Raising the profile of heritage conservation practice is one of our areas of interest. Our area of expertise is the detailed task of providing project management strategies around the project, such as hold & witness point planning in line with the impact statement and design, build-ability on old and new methods, feasibility on commercial of residential use, staging, correct use of materials and their application, and our services are focused around these techniques. Hydromedial can provide the following services specific to heritage projects be it adaptive re-use, restoration or general refurbishment.
Hydromedial will provide the following
- Analysis and evaluation: Hydromedial can provide reports detailing of the condition of heritage buildings and materials.
- Masonry restoration: We provide advice on cement material in the form of re-pointing to lime mortared masonry structures can be detrimental to the longevity of the masonry be it bricks, stone or any combination of the two. Hydromedial consulting can assess existing masonry structures and advise on the best way forward regarding the correct method of restoration.
- Timber construction: Hydromedial can provide buildability options by determining age-old methods used to build timber structures and detailed timber finishes, advice on how to preserve the original and new, then supply methods to continue the works in line with current standards and codes.
- Maintenance scheduling: We can provide maintenance programs developed specifically for conservation purposes.
- Advise on material suitability and compatibility, i.e. in the case of additions or restoration undertaken at heritage properties.
- Provide heritage specific scope of work documentation: Hydromedial can assess the conservation specific requirements of heritage projects and provide clear instruction on methods and materials to be used to achieve preferred conservation outcomes, in line with current standards & codes.
- Project planning & programming: We understand all too well heritage projects require absolute care and attention when it comes to planning. Whether it be commercial or residential, we initiate collaboration and implement a strategy.
- Quantity estimating: Estimating in the built environment requires knowledge of how it’s constructed & more importantly with heritage; deconstructed. We supply this experience in our estimating combined with the identification & quantification of risk to heritage restoration projects ranging from commercial adaptive re-use projects to residential restorations and everything in between.
- Tender management: The tender management process includes critical sourcing and review of each supplier or contractor to ensure their expertise and business practices are to the benefit of each project and its existing stakeholders. We strictly manage this process through an internal quality system. Services include; producing tender documentation, the delivery & management the documentation, review & compare to produce pricing clarity & make formal recommendations to the client.
- Quality control: Our quality inspection process begins in our planning. Each item and stage are carefully documented to include the intention of the scope, the method of which it needs carried out and the testing and inspection required to meet that intention.
- Contract administration: Our ability to manage high levels of information that form part of each project, ensure each contract is drafted, administered, and closed successfully following our internal quality processes, for major and minor works.
- Overall project management: We provide strategic planning which includes, programming, financial planning, project quality planning, tender documentation, engagement of associated professions such as structural, fire and hydraulic engineers, development or complying development applications to relevant authorities, quality testing & control inspections and contract administration to major and minor works.