At Hydromedial we are passionate about the preservation of Australia’s architectural heritage. Raising the profile of heritage conservation practice is one of our areas of interest. Our area of expertise is the correct use of materials and their application, and our services are focused around these techniques. Hydromedial can provide the following services specific to heritage projects be it adaptive re-use, restoration or general refurbishment.
- Site inspection and evaluation of the condition of heritage buildings and materials.
- Masonry restoration: Introducing cement material in the form of re-pointing to lime mortared masonry structures can be detrimental to the longevity of the masonry be it bricks, stone or any combination of the two. Hydromedial consulting can assess existing masonry structures and advise on the best way forward regarding the correct mode of restoration.
- Maintenance scheduling with maintenance programs developed specifically for conservation purposes.
- Advise on material suitability and interaction with existing materials, e. in the case of additions or restoration undertaken at heritage properties.
- Provide heritage specific scope of work documentation: Hydromedial can assess the conservation specific requirements of heritage projects and provide clear instruction on methods and materials to be used to achieve preferred conservation outcomes.
- Quantity estimating for heritage restoration projects ranging from commercial adaptive re-use projects to residential restorations and everything in between.
- Tender management & evaluation for heritage conservation work. Hydromedial can produce the tender documentation, issue the documentation to builders, review the tender submissions and assess and compare tender submissions to achieve pricing clarity.
- Quality control inspections for heritage projects. This entails the overseeing of correct methods and material use during the project.
- Contract administration for major and minor works.
- Overall project management for major and minor works which includes client-side programming, quality control inspections and contract administration.