Hydromedial specialise in remedial building consulting and possess specific skills in designing remedial solutions to address building defects caused by water ingress non-compliance. General building defects also fall within our skill set. We can provide rectification plans and specifications which include detailed diagrams as well as scope of work considerations. Some of the situations where the need for our services may arise are as follows.
- Water ingress into basement carparks: The underlying cause of these types of hydraulic failures can generally be attributed to combination of underlying defects leading to flooding, damp and humidity build-up. Hydromedial will diagnose the cause of water ingress and deliver a plan for the rectification of these areas.
- Water ingress within buildings via wall cladding: This type of external cladding failure is generally the result of more than one underlying defect. Hydromedial can analyse any cladding installation and identify the cause of water ingress, therefore leading to the provision of a remedial solution.
- Water ingress via roof fabric failure: Water ingress during rain events is unfortunately an all too common occurrence and several different trades may have contributed to the issue. Hydromedial can undertake a comprehensive audit of a building’s roof fabric, including all abutments and intersections to provide a complete picture of where and why the water is coming in. A thorough schedule of rectifications works can then be generated.
- Composite cladding replacement: Where existing composite cladding requires removal and replacement with a compliant type Hydromedial can project manage the entire process, from specification through to programming, quality assurance and project completion.
- Internal leak analysis: Areas such as bathrooms and laundries often present defects such as defective plumbing or waterproofing. Water ingress due to incorrectly installed windows and doors is another common area of internal water leaks.
- Heritage masonry restoration: Preserving our built environment through restoration is an important part of the work we do here at Hydromedial. Stonework and brickwork are woven into our public and private buildings throughout NSW. Masonry deterioration is unsightly and left un-checked, can lead to more serious structural failure and loss of amenity. Hydromedial can identify a variety of problems which may cause or accelerate masonry deterioration, be it localized damp issues, drainage issues, the incorrect application of surface treatments and mortars. We can provide specific advice on the re-introduction of lime-based mortars into the restoration of masonry buildings, as well as material compatibility where adaptive reuse situations arise.
- Subsidence: Ground subsidence may present as a sunken floor, cracked concrete driveway, cracks in masonry, structures leaning over. We can assess any type of issue related to subsidence as well as diagnose the cause of the subsidence.
- Dampness: At Hydromedial we take a holistic approach to identifying the underlying cause of damp in and around buildings of all types. Existing ground water conditions are considered. Drainage infrastructure as well as material use and installation including external cladding fabric, ventilation, flashings and glazing units are all assessed and solutions to the problems are provided. Hydromedial will provide you with a comprehensive diagnosis and solution for problems associated with dampness in buildings.
- Quantify fire damaged buildings: Hydromedial can assess fire damaged buildings and quantify the level of rectification required to restore amenity to the building if possible.