Hydromedial consulting specialise in remedial building consulting & project management. Our Directors maintain Master building licences and are highly qualified and experienced commercial project managers in this field. Remedial projects can become complicated with some buildings being fully occupied and include a large amount of stakeholders that need a level certainty that only process driven, forensic analysis, strategic design & planning can achieve. We implement specific skills into designing remedial solutions to address building defects caused by water ingress, structural & civil engineering issues & complete project planning & management, if required. General building defects, fire compliance & fire orders also fall within our management. We can provide rectification plans which include detailed diagrams as well as specification, quantity estimates & financial planning plus tender management & quality control.
Some of the situations where the need for our services may arise are as follows:
- Water ingress into basement carparks: The underlying cause of these types of hydraulic failures can generally be attributed to combination of underlying defects leading to flooding, damp and humidity build-up. Hydromedial consulting will diagnose the cause of water ingress and deliver a plan for the rectification of these areas.
- Water ingress within buildings via wall cladding: This type of external cladding failure is generally the result of more than one underlying defect. Hydromedial consulting can analyse any cladding installation and identify the cause of water ingress, therefore leading to the provision of a remedial solution.
- Water ingress via roof fabric failure: Water ingress during rain events is unfortunately an all too common occurrence and several different trades may have contributed to the issue. Hydromedial consulting can undertake a comprehensive audit of a building’s roof fabric, including all abutments and intersections to provide a complete picture of where and why the water is coming in. A thorough schedule of rectifications works can then be generated.
- Internal leak analysis: Areas such as bathrooms and laundries often present defects such as defective plumbing or waterproofing. Water ingress due to incorrectly installed windows and doors is another common area of internal water leaks.
- Masonry restoration: Preserving our built environment through restoration is an important part of the work we do here at Hydromedial. Stonework and brickwork are woven into our public and private buildings throughout NSW. Masonry deterioration is unsightly and left un-checked, can lead to more serious structural failure and loss of amenity. Hydromedial can identify a variety of problems which may cause or accelerate masonry deterioration, be it localised damp issues, drainage issues, the incorrect application of surface treatments and mortars. We can provide specific advice on the re-introduction of lime-based mortars into the restoration of masonry buildings, as well as material compatibility where adaptive reuse situations arise.
- Subsidence: Ground subsidence may present as a sunken floor, cracked concrete driveway, cracks in masonry, structures leaning over. We can assess any type of issue related to subsidence as well as diagnose the cause of the subsidence.
- Dampness: At Hydromedial consulting we take a holistic approach to identifying the underlying cause of damp in and around buildings of all types. Existing ground water conditions are considered. Drainage infrastructure as well as material use and installation including external cladding fabric, ventilation, flashings and glazing units are all assessed and solutions to the problems are provided. Hydromedial will provide you with a comprehensive diagnosis and solution for problems associated with dampness in buildings.
- Fire orders: You may have received a Fire Order Notification, which may include non compliances around combustible claddings, internal linings, doors, entry & exit paths, fire suppression systems and smoke alarms. Hydromedial can facilitate the process seamlessly, while looking after your best interest.
We provide the following services for remedial projects:
- Defect & compliance reporting incl NCAT compliant building reports.
- Complete design documentation: Forensic analysis & identification of issues relating to hydraulic, structural, fire, electrical, civil & architectural. We diagnose the root cause and related services or failures surrounding it, to deliver and manage a complete design package.
- Quantity estimating damaged buildings: Estimating in the built environment requires knowledge of how it’s constructed & deconstructed. We supply this experience in our estimating combined with the identification & quantification of risk to major and minor works.
- Tender management: The tender management process includes critical sourcing and review of each supplier or contractor to ensure their expertise and business practices are to the benefit of each project and its existing stakeholders. We strictly manage this process through an internal quality system. Services include; producing tender documentation, the delivery & management the documentation, review & compare to produce pricing clarity & make formal recommendations to the client.
- Quality control: Our quality inspection process begins in our planning. Each item and stage are carefully documented to include the intention of the scope and the testing and inspection required to meet that intention.
- Contract administration: Our ability to manage high levels of information that form part of each project, ensure each contract is drafted, administered, and closed successfully following our internal quality processes, for major and minor works.
- Overall project management: We provide strategic planning which includes, programming, financial planning, project quality planning, tender documentation, engagement of associated professions such as structural, fire and hydraulic engineers, quality testing & control inspections, development or complying development application submissions to relevant authorities and contract administration to major and minor works.
- Maintenance scheduling: We develop maintenance programs specific to each property and strata plan, based upon site inspections and building audits.
- Crisis management: If a project is underway and things are not going to plan, Hydromedial consulting can step in, assess the situation, liaise with the stakeholders & develop a new strategy to get the project back on track.